Monday, August 23, 2010

Slams Head to Desk: Frustrations of a Writer

I posted two chapters recently, as I'm sure any readers of the blog have seen.

First, I posted Part Twenty Two of The Properties of a Rose, and it has only two reviews. And I've gotten a lot less reviews from my usual reviewers than I normally do, even though I'm updating more regularly/frequently lately.

Then I posted Chapter Seven of Closer to Heaven Above, and I've not gotten a single review for it. I just don't understand. I don't understand not having at least a few reviews. I know that Percy/anyone isn't exactly a big pairing in fanficiton, but I would like to know how I'm doing from those who do enjoy Percy/Audrey.

It's frustrating because I have no idea how I'm doing if no one tells me. Besides, it really dampens my spirits. Luckily I'm a little bit ahead in both stories (at least a chapter ahead in writing each), but I don't feel motivated to edit those chapters with the little responses I'm getting. :( I just want to know what people think, that's all. :/

Do you think maybe I posted at a bad time? Is there an effective time to post? A time that that maybe helps us get more reviews?

Ugh.

Yours & Frustrated,
Kate/RP

No comments:

Post a Comment